Thursday, April 10, 2014

Perfume Counter




PERFUME GIRL

There is something about coming out of the shower and feeling squeaky clean, and spraying on one of my favourite perfumes. I have accumulated quite a collection of scents overtime. Many of the perfumes sitting on my perfume tray are gifts I have received from special people in my life and some are indulgences I have given myself. The first time I ever wore perfume was when I was little. My Mom and I were getting ready for my uncle’s wedding and she dabbed some of her Giorgio Armani perfume on me as a special treat; I felt very grown up for a nine-year old girl. I remember the first perfume I ever received was Glow by Jennifer Lopez from my Mom was  as a gift and it was so exciting for me. The notes in the stunning bottle are perfect blends of amber, flowers, exotic fruits, and vanilla musk that give it a clean fresh alluring scent.   As time went on my collection just grew and as I got older my taste became more grown up and more refined but don't get me wrong I still have a young spirit and like some of the flirty smelling scents. I love going to perfume counters at department stores, and different drugstores.  I love testing the different fragrances they have out on display and looking at all the fancy sparkly bottles.


My Favourite Fragrances

I found it very hard to narrow down my favourite two out of my collection. These are currently the ones I adore and recommend.



JUICY COUTURE

I wear this fragrance on a daily basis and receive countless compliments often.
This perfume smells amazing, young, and flirty. Did I mention that it also looks very nice sitting on my perfume tray? The blends in this bottle smell so yummy. It has notes of wild berries, juicy mandarin, honeysuckle, gardenia, and jasmine, and low warm tones of amber, caramel, vanilla, sandalwood and praline.






CHANEL
I choose to savor the best for last. I adore this! I feel feminine, elegant, and sophisticated when I am wearing this amazing fragrance. This is definitely one of the classiest perfumes I have ever smelled and the bottle speaks class and is a definite welcome to any vanity. I don't use it very often, saving it for special occasions. Lol! Did I also mention that I even like the commercial of Keira Knightley advertising it? This is one of those high-end perfumes that is a classic and will never go out of style it gets ten stars out of ten on my list.  Top notes are orange, mandarin orange, orange blossom and bergamot; middle notes are mimose, jasmine, Turkish rose and ylang-ylang; base notes are Tonka bean, patchouli, opoponax, vanilla, vetiver and white musk.                 



                                                   
          How Do You Apply Your Favourite Perfume?


Some ladies like to spray their perfume into the air and just walking through it. I did some research and found out it actually does work, but it lets a good amount of the fragrance go to waste and you don't benefit as much from it. This is not a bad method but there are other ones.


A known fact about wearing fragrances is that not every scent is going to smell the same on everyone. Our own natural scent will make perfume smell different than on someone else.  Applying perfume is one of the simplest things to do in a beauty regimen and can finish off your look for the day or that hot date you are getting ready for. Whether you are getting ready for a date, attending a special event or just simply want to smell delicious there are a few techniques to applying those beautiful notes.


Perfume School


1. Try to add to pressure points, inner wrists, behind ears, neck, (Do avoid rubbing wrists together it crushes the scent).

2. Fresh out of the shower or bath, clean wet skin absorbs better.

3. Apply perfume before putting on your clothes and jewelry.

4. Less is more! Apply sparingly.

5. Apply Vaseline or a unscented lotion to the area you want to wear your perfume so the scent has something to hold on to.

6. Be confident with your scent!


Fragrance Etiquette

Many public places today are fragrance free because a lot of people are starting to have allergies to scents. I am not saying we can’t wear our favourite fragrance but let’s be cautious about where we are going when we are applying our perfume.

Where To Buy Fabulous Fragrances

Fragrancenet







Sephora                            










What are your favourite fragrances and do you have any perfume secrets you would like to share with me?  Please feel free to Comment below and subscribe.

Thanks for reading!


Photography By:Lisa Johnson



Donie XOXO ♥~
















2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I'm always looking for new perfumes to try! Great blog!! I'd love it if you checked out mine beautyhuddle.blogpsot.com xo kelly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Kelly thanks for visiting my blog very much appreciated!♥ I am so pleased to know you enjoyed Perfume Counter. I will definitely check out your page and follow you. :)

      Delete