Saturday, April 19, 2014

Sun Protection


Sun Savvy   
Spring is here yay! Are you, ready for the sun?  Make sure your skin is ready too.  As you head outdoors during sunny and even cloudy days, make sure that you are not damaging your skin.  No one wants to look old before their time, and even fewer people want to get skin cancer. Even though it’s only April, the sun’s rays have enough UV power to start damaging our skin.   If you haven’t already heard, pale is the new tanned.  It is up to each of us to choose from the many sun protection options available. 
                                            


Avoiding the sun between ten am and four pm is the ultimate way to protect yourself.  But when you must go outside, wear a hat, put on sunscreen, stay in the shade, and wear sunglasses. You are worth it.  Protecting your face is worth it.  Preventing skin cancer is worth it.  Invest in sunscreen specially made for the face; it is kinder and gentler on your face. This is a product in your daily beauty regime you should not be frugal on. A lot of the foundations have SPF 15, but my physician tells me that that is not enough protection from the sun and that a sunscreen for the face should be applied before your base (foundation).  A truly good quality sunscreen for the face won’t leave you, pasty, oily, broken out,constantly reapplying, and most importantly sun damaged. I don't want to be a downer on your sun- filled spring and summer parade, but ladies let’s make wearing sunscreen fun!

                  
My mom has very nice skin and she takes good care of it. Many people who meet her tell her  how young she looks for  her age and it is because she takes good care of herself.  She wears a moisturizer with SPF in it, wears a BB Cream, she drinks lots of water to keep hydrated, and she stays out of the sun. A few years ago in my family one of my aunts had a scare with skin cancer on her nose and that was eye opening for other members in our family. My aunt was lucky that the sun damage didn't spread to other places, and her doctor acted quickly to heal the damage the Uv rays had done to her. Yikes I hope I’m not scaring anyone.  Let’s get to the fun part.  SEPHORA offers  a variety of nice sunscreen for the face and body and we don't need to break the bank to protect our skin. 

          


Before I apply my foundation I put on my Skin Ceuticals Physical fusion UV Defense SPF 50  for my face. This Sunscreen is not greasy, it goes on nicely on the skin, absorbs in well and I don't need much when applying because it is very potent. I purchased it at a local skin clinic; but this sunscreen can also be purchased online at www. skinceuticals.com.


When I am going to expose my skin to Mother Nature’s sun I apply my Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch  Sunscreen to my arms and legs. It has SPF 55 and the tube lasts a long time. The cream is ultra-light and fast absorbing and I noticed that the scent is not very strong and does not bother me like the typical generic sunscreen does. This sunscreen can be purchased at many drugstores.




Enjoy the sunshine and be kind to your beautiful skin. Do you have any Sun Safety secrets you would like to share with me?  Please feel free to Comment below and subscribe. 

Photography By:Lisa Johnson




Thanks for reading!          

Donie XOXO ♥~













                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment